The MARA Inspectorate and Quality Education Unit (UNQ) was set up on 15 September 2004 following the General Circular 7/2004 dated 13 September 2004. The unit began its operation on 11 October 2004 with the appointment of a Head, five (5) Inspectors and an Assistant Administrator.
On 14 November 2011, UNQ was upgraded and known as the MARA Monitoring and Inspectorate Division (BPIN) to supervise and monitor the entire central operations of MARA.
To ensure better quality management of MARA centres and competency among MARA staffs in line with the policies, rules, work ethics and standard.
- To Empower Monitoring
- Establishing the monitoring instrument
- Strengthening the monitoring instrument
- To carry out monitoring & intervention
- To Monitor the 5S Implementation
- To Evaluate Project Quality & MARA Programmes
- To establish strategic relationship to be used as a benchmark
- To implement self assessment
- To carry out verification on SPMa self assessment
- To carry out research & innovation
- Professionalism Development
- To attend BPIN workshops / courses / briefings
- To propose having workshops /courses/ briefings based on monitoring findings.
EDUCATION MONITORING BRANCH
- To ensure that MARA Education Institutions (IPMa) meet the standard quality of MARA education.
- To ensure the efficiency of IPMa administrative management meets the level of standard set.
- To abide by Teaching Ethics as a norm among MARA teaching staffs (PM) at IPMa.
- To ascertain that the criteria and standard used by IPMa qualify in awarding the relevant certificates.
- To plan, implement and coordinate relevant programmes or courses of better quality in terms of education, management and administration of IPMa.
- To ensure that IPMa implement programmes which are in line with MARA strategic planning.
- To ensure that IPMa management abide by the MARA Education Standard (SPMa).
- To ensure that action is taken for every complaint received regarding IPMa.
- To ensure that the programmes implemented towards producing holistic students (intellectually, physically, spiritually and in personality) are carried out fully at IPMa.
- To propose improvements on the programmes carried out at IPMa.
- To monitor and ensure that directives given by higher authority are implemented by IPMa.
- To gather data and information, documents, reports and to identify the benchmark for quality education.
- To inculcate good governance culture in the operations of IPMa.