The Division of Corporate Policy & Strategic Planning was officially established on 29 January 1997 after being upgraded from a unit to a division. The division is involved in preparing the MARA Five Year Plan (RMLT), coordinating and requesting annual development budget, as well as monitoring the implementation of MARA projects, research and development activities. The division also serves as coordinator and link between MARA and the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development as well as the central agencies with regards to MARA development programmes and activities.
- To prepare and coordinate information regarding planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of MARA development programmes and projects.
- To conduct research and development to assist MARA management in effective decision making in line with MARA's objectives.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
POLICY AND PLANNING
FUNCTIONS AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
POLICY AND PLANNING
- To analyse and identify the Government Policies, Information, Regulations and Practices to assist in the formulation and determination of MARA policies.
- To identify and study current issues that have policy implications for MARA activities by formulating recommendations which may act as a guide, regulation and practice in implementing MARA programmes / projects.
- To establish a data bank to assist in policy formulation and the creation of BCIC programmes by MARA.
- To conduct feasibility studies and formulation of MARA projects and activities.
- To arrange MARA internal planning activities.
- To conduct studies that support policy development and preparation of MARA internal planning.
- To conduct impact studies on MARA programmes / projects.
- To prepare regional economic development programmes - WPI, NCER, ECER, SDC and SCORE.
- To conduct studies, as well as identify and analyse business / project opportunities in Regional Corridor development.
- To coordinate MARA programmes / projects and proposal of development of new and existing programmes / projects
- To coordinate / prepare detailed concept papers of new projects / programmes
- To monitor MARA development projects / programmes
- To examine and evaluate land / site suitability of proposed physical projects
- To manage / analyse and monitor information on the Project Monitoring System II (SPP II)
- To monitor the performance of MARA programmes / projects
- To prepare MARA's Five Year Plan (RMK)
- To prepare the Mid Term Review (KSP)
- To prepare MARA's annual development budget
- To get approval and allocation for new projects
- To analyse and get project scope approval from central agencies
- To prepare recoupment needs for MARA development allocations
- To manage the Programme / Project Performance Appraisal System (L3P)
- To monitor performance of development budget
- To manage and control general administration
- To prepare performance appraisal reports of physical projects and MARA Corporate Data
- To manage related issues discussed during a Parliamentary Conference To prepare MARA Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- To coordinate quality improvement activities To prepare MARA Annual Reports
- To manage internal and external information sharing.