Director General’s Department
Strategic Planning Division
The Strategic Planning Division (BPS) is responsible for leading the formulation of MARA’s policies and direction in line with the Government’s aspirations. These roles include policy coordination, management and coordination of development budgets, preparation of long and short-term planning, monitoring the implementation of MARA projects and programmes as well as carrying out socio-economic and developmental research activities.
- Implementing MARA strategic planning in line with the national mission.
- Managing the MARA Development Budget effectively for the Five-Year Malaysia Development Plan (RMK).
- Planning and monitoring implementation of MARA projects and development programmes.
- Planning, analyzing and coordinating government information policies, regulations and practices for implementation at MARA level.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the effectiveness of the MARA programmes / projects.
- Monitoring the implementation of projects / programmes in accordance with existing government circulars.
- Preparing Expenditure Performance Report (RMK).
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Preparing, coordinating and monitoring MARA’s KPI report, and of the Ministry and other relevant parties.
- Providing and analyzing MARA corporate information which involve preparing the Corporate Data, updating WAR Room information, BPS Portal, MARA Online Data Systems and D’Mawar Apps.
- Designing MARA Development Plan for Five-Year Malaysia Plan (RMK)
- Planning, coordinating and managing MARA development budget requirements according to Malaysia Rolling Plan (RP)
Corporate Communication Division
Corporate Communication Division (BKOM) is responsible for strengthening MARA corporate branding, delivering information, managing media and crisis, and coordinating corporate social responsibility programmes. In line with the latest developments in technology, the use of social media is emphasized in ensuring timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- To strengthen and enhance MARA corporate image.
- To improve public perception on MARA in terms of the socio-economic development of the nation.
- To provide excellent customer service through effective interaction and communication.
- Branding and Media
- Branding: Manages MARA corporate image that carries a trusted brand of an organization fully engaged in nation building.
- Public Relations: Plans, manages, coordinates and implements media relations activities for a wide coverage and publicity on MARA through print and electronic media platforms.
- Publishing: Plans, manages, implements and consults copywriting and publishing works aimed at creating or increasing awareness of MARA.
- Event Management
- Provides services in MARA official event management.
- Oversees MARA official events to make sure the objectives are achieved and MARA corporate image is enhanced.
- Community and Career Development
- Implements outreach and promotional activities to increase awareness in youths especially from the B40 group on education and further studies under MARA.
- Increases awareness in youths especially from the B40 group on career opportunities and strengthens their character to prepare them for the job market.
- Creates and strengthens the networking between MARA institutions and government agencies/NGO to provide facilities and information to students regarding career opportunities.
- Customer Management and Public Complaints
- Public Complaints: Manages customer complaints, queries and suggestions through SISPAA, emails, telephone calls and walk-ins.
- Call Centre: Acts as a single point of contacts that facilitates the delivery system between MARA and the public by providing prompt and reliable information as well as connecting each customer with the appropriate officer in charge.
- Information Counter and Customer Relations: Acts as the frontliners that facilitate face-to-face communications between the public and MARA.
Internal Audit Division
MARA emphasizes on the best practices in corporate governance and financial management as well as effective and efficient work performance. As such, the implementation of MARA activities and programmes is set to adhere to the rules and procedures to meet the objectives and reach the target group. Every enforced policy and regulation will ensure that MARA officers’ accountability is always maintained. The Internal Audit Division (AUD) is responsible for conducting audits, providing advisory and recommendation for strengthening corporate governance as well as the effectiveness of internal control of MARA centers and subsidiaries.
- Ensuring that every MARA programme is implemented according to the set goals, policies and rules as well as managed in a prudent, efficient and effective way.
- Preparing high-quality and unbiased reports for MARA Audit Committee and Management.
- Providing advisory and recommendations for improvement to MARA Management to improve internal controls and MARA’s accountability level.
- Increasing organizational awareness and knowledge of the enforced systems, rules and procedures.
AUD has three (3) main functions to achieve defined objectives:
- Performing compliance audit on all MARA centers in accordance with regulations and Work Procedure Manual (MPK).
- Performing follow-up audits to ensure that actions on audit recommendations have been implemented.
- Investigation & Forensic
- Conducting Investigation Audit based on instructions from MARA Audit Committee (JAM) or MARA Management.
- Conducting Forensic Audit based on the discovery of non-compliance in governance.
- Conducting Performance Audit on high impact development programmes.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of the Performance Audit to improve the programmes.
AUD jurisdiction is to investigate / inspect any activity conducted under MARA’s operation, and of its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as obtain any information required from any MARA officers, and of its subsidiaries and affiliates either through revision of documents, interviews or any suitable means for auditing purposes. The sources of audit are as follows:
- Audit Act 1957
- MARA Council Meeting No. 275 (5/2001)
- General Circular No. 3 / 1998 (Prime Minister’s Department)
- Treasury Circular No. 9 / 2004
Legal Affairs Division
The Legal Affairs Division provides legal advisory services, enforces legal action and prepares and manages all documentations and legal instruments for MARA.
To act as a legal reference centre by providing corporate legal advice services and legal action enforcement to fulfil and safeguard the interests of MARA.
Corporate Legal Service
To draft and enhance agreements and legal documentations.
To vet and peruse agreements and legal documentations.
- Legal Advice
To provide legal advice for matters referred to in accordance with the laws in force.
- Legal Review
To conduct research on MARA’s policies and regulations to ensure the implementation of MARA’s programmes, projects and activities is in compliance with the newly-enforced laws.
To take legal actions against MARA loan defaulters and parties in breach of contract.
- Corporate Litigation
To act on behalf of MARA in litigation cases in court and arbitration proceedings for and against MARA.
- To conduct law related courses and talks for MARA employees.
Council Secretariat Unit
MARA Council Secretariat Unit (UUM) was established in 1966 in pursuant to the terms of the Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) Act 1966 with the aim to provide secretarial services in relation to Council Meetings and other Committee Meetings of the MARA Council.
To ensure that the Council and the Council Committee Meetings are conducted in accordance with the MARA Act and the stakeholder’s requirements to facilitate the effectiveness and implementation of activities as well as MARA’s administration.
- Manage and undertake secretarial services in relation to the Council, the Council Committee Meetings in accordance with the MARA Act and other related regulations.
- Act as a witness on behalf of MARA for all Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) executed between MARA and any third party.
- Store the MARA Council’s seal and ensure that all documentations and other duly sealed instruments are kept in the manner approved by the MARA Council.
- Coordinate and manage the requirements of the MARA Chairman and other Council members in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
Efficient, effective, systematic and quality delivery systems are key to a successful implementation of MARA’s core activities to create and add value to all stakeholders. Therefore, the Coordination Unit is committed to ensuring efficiency in managing the organization’s administration and management by keeping an efficient flow of information among MARA Top Management, strategic level, specialist and all MARA administration centers.
- To coordinate delegation of power and instructions from Director General of MARA to Division Directors/ Units/MARA Centers and MARA Committees.
- To coordinate meetings chaired by the Director General and Deputy Directors General and to coordinate feedback on Ministerial/Agency meetings with all Division/Units and MARA Centers.
- To coordinate and ensure the activities/schedules of the Director General and the Deputy Directors General are organized and systematic.
Ensuring coordination in delegation of power, management of directives and meetings of the committee chaired by MARA Top Management can be implement efficiently and systematically.
Research & Innovation Unit
MARA Research & Innovation Unit (UNI) is established to lead the field of research and innovation in MARA. Hence, UNI has implemented programs related to the enculturation of innovation and development of professionalism to MARA including subsidiary of MARA.
- To realize the vision and mission of the MARA through more creative and innovative approaches especially in terms of strategy, structure and innovation in enculturation of innovation among the citizens of MARA IPMa students included.
- To promote innovation activities as a major platform in solving any problems.
- To improve efficient governance practices through the production of delivery systems that are creative and innovative.
- To adopt prudent practices through production work processes that are effective and efficient.
- To generate innovation that can meet the needs of stakeholders and to enhance the image of MARA.
- Cultural innovation and New Horizon of Creative and Innovative Circle (CIC).
- Phase 1: New Horizon of Creative and Innovative Circle (CIC) WORKSHOP
Provide exposure on CIC, principles, implementation methods, philosophy and evaluation Of CIC.
- Phase 2: New Horizon of Creative and Innovative Circle (CIC) WORKSHOP
Monitoring of the implementation of CIC in MARA.
- National LEVEL CIC MARA CONVENTION
Competition to select the best CIC projects at MARA level..
- Workshop for Staff Innovation Lab (SIL) BY Zones
Staff Innovation Lab (SIL) involving staff MARA from each center including subsidiaries in five (5) zones namely North, Central, South, and East And Borneo Zones.
- Youth Innovation Lab (YIL) Workshop
Youth Innovation Lab (YIL) involving students of colleges and universities and training institutions of MARA throughout Malaysia.
- Junior Innovation Lab (JIL) Workshop
Junior Innovation Lab involving students of MRSM held at five (5) zones namely, North, South, East, Central and Borneo Zones.
Empowering the role of the Master Trainers (JU) in Workshop SIL, YIL and JIL to disseminate knowledge about Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas to the participants to produce quality product innovations.
- Phase 1: New Horizon of Creative and Innovative Circle (CIC) WORKSHOP
- Enculturation of innovation amongst IPMA staff and students
- There are two (2) categories in MARATeX which include: (Innovation in MARA Technical Products), i-MTech for staff and students, i-Med for staff and students.
- i-MMa: Innovation in MARA Management
- Entries for MARA 2019 competition innovation are carried out online (online) through MARATeX 2019.
- Preliminary Assessment Online
- The First Filter List (Online Screening) is released
- Face-to-Face (F2F) Screening
- List of MARATeX 2019 Finalists is issued
- Innovation Day 2109
- Innovation Awards 2019
- Exhibition by 5 Finalists from each category AIM 2019
- AIM 2019 Finalize Winners of AIM 2019
- Recognizing Innovation Master Trainers of MARA
- Strengthening the role of MARA Innovation Master Trainers (JU Inovasi MARA)
- Appointing and training MARA Innovation Master Trainers
- 28 potential staff are chosen and appointed as MARA innovation Master Trainers (2 Master Trainers from each State)
- The main role of these Master Trainers is to facilitate the implementation of innovation trainings, namely SIL, YIL and JIL covering in 4 five (5) zones, namely the North , South , East, Central, and Borneo Zones.
- Each Master Trainer is required to complete two basic training courses, which cover the following areas: (1) Design thinking and Business Model Canvas, and (2) Marketing & Branding.
- Each Master Trainer acts as the agent to disseminate innovation-related information and assists in the monitoring of innovation-related programs at his/her individual center and at his/her designated zone.
- Construction of Modules for MARA Innovation Master Trainers
- The construction of the Master Trainers Modules include Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas JU are enhanced with training that provides skills knowledge related to Design thinking and Business Model Canvas.
- Master Trainers Team built modules on Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas.
- The modules are used as a guide for MARA master trainers to train and provide skills to MARA staff and students in stages covering five (5) zones, namely the North, South, Central, East and Borneo Zones.
- The application of the knowledge on Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas is important in yielding products of high quality, and innovation of good commercial value.
- Providing MARA its due Intellectual Property (IP) protection
- Patent Drafting & Writing IP Document Workshop
- Workshop on Patent Drafting & Writing IP Document
- Provide exposure on the importance of registering intellectual property, trademarks and others.
- Improving (and enhancing) of innovation products
- Organising Workshops for Pre-Commercialization Product
- Workshops for Pre-Commercialization Product are held for innovators who own products with potential commercialization value and are ready to go to market
- Organising Master Class Workshop for Branding & Pitching
- Disclosing innovators to effective Pitching techniques
Encouraging innovators to take part in the competitions and innovation exhibitions
- Participating in ITEX, the MATRADE activities, Quality Day Program, KPLB Innovation Award, National Innovation Award, and National Intellectual Property (IP) And Innovation Award
- Organizing Workshops on Smart Writing, Creative Innovation Proposal
- Providing exposure of effective writing techniques with the proper format to participants
- Awareness Program on Intellectual Property
- Organising Awareness Programs on Intellectual Property
- Registering MARA Intellectual Property with MyIPO
- Promotion through:
- 60-second IP Video
- IP Campaign
- Info TV on IP
- Advertisement via MARANet Slider
- IP Info available via Banners and Buntings
- Registering MARA IP that has commercial value
The establishment of Integrity Unit serves as a focal point for the management of integrity matters in MARA. This unit is responsible for the execution of six (6) main functions:
- Integrity Strengthening
- Identification and Verification
- Complaints Management
- To ensure the practice of a good work culture imbued with moral and ethical values among MARA staff.
- To deter any criminal misconducts and violations of ethics among MARA staff.
- To ensure the implementation of good governance.
- To ensure the cultivation, institutionalization and implementation of integrity in the organization.
- To identify and verify complaints of criminal and ethical misconducts in the organizations and to ensure that proper actions are taken.
- To report any criminal activities to the respective enforcement agencies.
- To receive and take actions on all complaints regarding criminal misconducts and violations of organizational ethics.
- To ensure compliance with the laws and regulations in force.
National Audit Unit
The National Audit Unit (UAN) was established to improve the organisation’s performance and to support accountability as well as transparency in the organisation’s administration through an independent Audit report to MARA Management. UAN performs the audit function of MARA organisation as set out in the Delegation of Power under Section 11 of the MARA Act 1966.
- Preparing timely Audit Reports for MARA Management.
- Carrying out audit activities and preparing audit reports fairly and independently.
- Managing audit activities efficiently and effectively.
- Providing consultation services on auditing through knowledge-sharing.
UAN carries out four types of audit as follows:
- Financial Statements Auditing (Interim)
- Financial Management Auditing
- Performance Auditing
- MARA Subsidiaries Governance Management Auditing
The process of planning, implementing, reporting and monitoring by UAN is reported and discussed in the related committee meetings periodically in accordance with the management’s resolution.
In addition to the audit functions, UAN also performs the following advisory functions:
- Conducting knowledge-sharing of auditing to MARA Internal Audit Division
- Recommending improvements to procedures of MARA programmes/activities as to enhance accountability and integrity
Pejabat MARA Negeri dan Pejabat MARA Luar Negara
Bagi melaksanakan fungsi-fungsi MARA pada peringkat Ibu Pejabat, ia disokong oleh 14 Pejabat MARA Negeri termasuk Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur dan Labuan serta pejabat-pejabat MARA Daerah. Ini secara langsung, dapat meningkatkan kecekapan dan keberkesanan sistem penyampaian MARA keseluruhannya.
MARA juga beroperasi di luar negara iaitu di UK (London), USA (Washington), Indonesia (Jakarta), German (Frankfurt), Australia (Sydney), Ireland (Dublin) dan Mesir (Iskandariah) untuk membantu dan memantau komuniti MARA seperti pelajar-pelajar tajaan MARA di luar negara.
Last update: 23 September 2020 at 16:46:31
Visit Today : 1568 This Month : 29593 Total Visit : 839057